Thursday, September 27, 2012

Another Start!

This is not starting off my running blog on a negative foot, but rather a foot that will hopefully be on the mend and ready to go in 2013.  Four months ago I ran the Ogden Marathon and Timp Trail Marathon with one week rest in between.  I discovered that I have a stress fracture and basically wiped out my running plans for the summer.  After two weeks in a boot, 6 weeks off of running, and 2.5 months of running 1-3x per week, I have (in theory) healed and am dealing with arthritis in my foot.  This cortisone shot should decrease the inflammation in my joint and help be get on top of whatever is still holding me back.


Up next:  Pacing Ryan Lauck at the Bear 100 starting from mile 60-75.  Good luck to all of the HUMRs this weekend and I'll see you all at the finish line.

P.S.  I hope that my blogging style improves with time.  I apologize in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment